It’s the end of the year, and with the holidays and New Year’s, you’re probably spending more time with your friends and family than you usually do. Maintain a fitness routine during the holidays by rallying your seasonal support system to keep moving this Monday.
A study looking at group fitness showed that physical, mental, and emotional quality of life improves when participants exercise together. It could also lead to a significant improvement in mood and well-being.
So, instead of working out solo, grab a friend, or your whole family. Here are some fun group fitness ideas:
- Take a fitness class together like Zumba or Pilates
- Walk or jog a Monday Mile
- Grab some bikes and take a bike ride
- Do some mini-exercises together
- Sign-up for a dance class, where partners are part of the fun!
- Roll out your mats and take a yoga class
- Organize a game in a court, like basketball or volleyball
This holiday season do some group fitness with your family and friends on Monday to be happy and healthy, together. Happy Holidays from Move It Monday!